End the Scouts Canada child abuse cover-up
For years, Scouts Canada has covered up child sexual abuse. All across Canada, senior Scouts Canada officials knew about child abusers in their organization and did nothing, over and over again. Known child abusers were allowed to continue to be Scout leaders or were "removed discreetly", allowing them to harm kids elsewhere. The cover-up continues to this day. Read more about child abuse in Scouts Canada.
For almost 40 years, Fred Miller abused children. Scouts Canada knew he was abusing Scouts, but did nothing. Read more about Fred Miller.
Scouts Canada used to have a rigorous training program, but now has all but abandoned training for adult volunteers. Read more about the lack of training in Scouts Canada.
- April 29, 2013 — theprovince.com B.C. man sues boy scouts for alleged sexual abuse
- October 19, 2012 — theglobeandmail.com Scouts Canada responds to secret 'perversion' files
- October 18, 2012 — cbc.ca Boy Scouts of America releases files on alleged sex abuses: 'Perversion' files from 1965-1985 could prompt new round of criminal prosecutions
- October 18, 2012 — cbc.ca Scouts Canada sex abuse files could be made public
- October 18, 2012 — cbc.ca Former Moncton scout leader charged with sex abuse: David Wolfe, 68, of Nova Scotia, accused of assaulting 13-year-old boy
- September 3, 2012 — cbc.ca Scout volunteers to get training on 'appropriate' behaviour