End the Scouts Canada child abuse cover-up
For years, Scouts Canada has covered up child sexual abuse. All across Canada, senior Scouts Canada officials knew about child abusers in their organization and did nothing, over and over again. Known child abusers were allowed to continue to be Scout leaders or were "removed discreetly", allowing them to harm kids elsewhere. The cover-up continues to this day. Read more about child abuse in Scouts Canada.
For almost 40 years, Fred Miller abused children. Scouts Canada knew he was abusing Scouts, but did nothing. Read more about Fred Miller.
Scouts Canada used to have a rigorous training program, but now has all but abandoned training for adult volunteers. Read more about the lack of training in Scouts Canada.
- January 28, 2014 — cbc.ca Ex-scout leader facing fourth sex charge in Moncton: David Wolfe, of Halifax, previously pleaded guilty to 3 counts of indecent assault against boys in 1960s
- January 15, 2014 — torontosun.com Former Scouts Canada leader pleads guilty to abusing boys
- December 2, 2013 — thestar.com Oakville man facing child porn charges was a volunteer with Scouts Canada: Police: An Oakville man facing charges of possessing child pornography was a volunteer with Scouts Canada until last month.
- November 5, 2013 — cbc.ca Ex-scout leader pleads guilty to 3 sex charges in Moncton: David Wolfe, 68, to be sentenced in January
- July 26, 2013 — theglobeandmail.com Former Scouts Canada volunteer charged with sex offences in Ottawa
- July 11, 2013 — cbc.ca Scout jamboree faces food shortage complaints