End the Scouts Canada child abuse cover-up
For years, Scouts Canada has covered up child sexual abuse. All across Canada, senior Scouts Canada officials knew about child abusers in their organization and did nothing, over and over again. Known child abusers were allowed to continue to be Scout leaders or were "removed discreetly", allowing them to harm kids elsewhere. The cover-up continues to this day. Read more about child abuse in Scouts Canada.
For almost 40 years, Fred Miller abused children. Scouts Canada knew he was abusing Scouts, but did nothing. Read more about Fred Miller.
Scouts Canada used to have a rigorous training program, but now has all but abandoned training for adult volunteers. Read more about the lack of training in Scouts Canada.
- June 26, 2014 — cbc.ca Ex-Scouts Canada leader pleads guilty to sexually abusing 4 boys: Scott Stanley, 30, also a former City of Ottawa lifeguard and swim coach
- June 26, 2014 — ottawacitizen.com Former Scouts leader pleads guilty to molesting boys
- June 26, 2014 — cfra.com Scouts leader enters guilty plea in 2012-2013 sex assaults
- June 26, 2014 — ottawasun.com Former Scout leader pleads guilty to molesting boys
- March 5, 2014 — cbc.ca Ex-scout leader David Wolfe pleads guilty to fourth sex charge: Wolfe, 68, of Halifax, to be sentenced March 21 on four counts of indecent assault against N.B. boys
- January 28, 2014 — cbc.ca Ex-scout leader facing fourth sex charge in Moncton: David Wolfe, of Halifax, previously pleaded guilty to 3 counts of indecent assault against boys in 1960s