End the Scouts Canada child abuse cover-up
For years, Scouts Canada has covered up child sexual abuse. All across Canada, senior Scouts Canada officials knew about child abusers in their organization and did nothing, over and over again. Known child abusers were allowed to continue to be Scout leaders or were "removed discreetly", allowing them to harm kids elsewhere. The cover-up continues to this day. Read more about child abuse in Scouts Canada.
For almost 40 years, Fred Miller abused children. Scouts Canada knew he was abusing Scouts, but did nothing. Read more about Fred Miller.
Scouts Canada used to have a rigorous training program, but now has all but abandoned training for adult volunteers. Read more about the lack of training in Scouts Canada.
- January 28, 2015 — cp24.com Former Scouts Canada leader accused of sexually abusing two children over 11-year span
- January 28, 2015 — thestar.com Former Toronto Scouts leader charged with sexual assault: A Toronto man and former Scouts leader has been charged with seven counts of sexual assault
- January 28, 2015 — cbc.ca Former Scouts leader charged with sexually abusing 2 children over 11-year period: Police believe there are more victims
- October 30, 2014 — ottawacitizen.com Former Ottawa Scout leader Scott Stanley gets 5 years for sexually abusing boys
- October 29, 2014 — cbc.ca Scott Stanley to be sentenced for sexually assaulting boys: Stanley has pleaded guilty to luring, repeatedly molesting 4 boys
- October 29, 2014 — theglobeandmail.com Former Scouts volunteer sentenced to five years for sex assaults on 4 boys