End the Scouts Canada child abuse cover-up
For years, Scouts Canada has covered up child sexual abuse. All across Canada, senior Scouts Canada officials knew about child abusers in their organization and did nothing, over and over again. Known child abusers were allowed to continue to be Scout leaders or were "removed discreetly", allowing them to harm kids elsewhere. The cover-up continues to this day. Read more about child abuse in Scouts Canada.
For almost 40 years, Fred Miller abused children. Scouts Canada knew he was abusing Scouts, but did nothing. Read more about Fred Miller.
Scouts Canada used to have a rigorous training program, but now has all but abandoned training for adult volunteers. Read more about the lack of training in Scouts Canada.
- October 1, 2014 — cbc.ca Winnipeg DJ charged with sex crimes is former Scout leader: Scouts Canada says it contacted police when informed of charges against Chris Elwick
- September 29, 2014 — ctvnews.ca Suspect facing child porn, sex assault charges was previously Scout leader
- September 25, 2014 — cbc.ca Scott Stanley tells court he 'hates' himself for child luring: Judge says she won't issue sentence Thursday after new submissions made in court
- September 25, 2014 — ottawasun.com Perv Scout leader deserves 8 years: Crown
- September 25, 2014 — metronews.ca Sentencing delayed for ex-Scouts Canada volunteer guilty of molesting boys
- September 25, 2014 — ottawacitizen.com 'I became a monster,' says disgraced Scout leader facing prison for sex abuse