End the Scouts Canada child abuse cover-up
For years, Scouts Canada has covered up child sexual abuse. All across Canada, senior Scouts Canada officials knew about child abusers in their organization and did nothing, over and over again. Known child abusers were allowed to continue to be Scout leaders or were "removed discreetly", allowing them to harm kids elsewhere. The cover-up continues to this day. Read more about child abuse in Scouts Canada.
For almost 40 years, Fred Miller abused children. Scouts Canada knew he was abusing Scouts, but did nothing. Read more about Fred Miller.
Scouts Canada used to have a rigorous training program, but now has all but abandoned training for adult volunteers. Read more about the lack of training in Scouts Canada.
- December 2, 2013 — thestar.com Oakville man facing child porn charges was a volunteer with Scouts Canada: Police: An Oakville man facing charges of possessing child pornography was a volunteer with Scouts Canada until last month.
- November 5, 2013 — cbc.ca Ex-scout leader pleads guilty to 3 sex charges in Moncton: David Wolfe, 68, to be sentenced in January
- July 26, 2013 — theglobeandmail.com Former Scouts Canada volunteer charged with sex offences in Ottawa
- July 11, 2013 — cbc.ca Scout jamboree faces food shortage complaints
- April 29, 2013 — theprovince.com B.C. man sues boy scouts for alleged sexual abuse
- January 25, 2013 — cbc.ca Ex-scout leader faces new sex abuse charges in Moncton: Third alleged victim has made allegations against David Wolfe, who now lives in Nova Scotia