End the Scouts Canada child abuse cover-up
For years, Scouts Canada has covered up child sexual abuse. All across Canada, senior Scouts Canada officials knew about child abusers in their organization and did nothing, over and over again. Known child abusers were allowed to continue to be Scout leaders or were "removed discreetly", allowing them to harm kids elsewhere. The cover-up continues to this day. Read more about child abuse in Scouts Canada.
For almost 40 years, Fred Miller abused children. Scouts Canada knew he was abusing Scouts, but did nothing. Read more about Fred Miller.
Scouts Canada used to have a rigorous training program, but now has all but abandoned training for adult volunteers. Read more about the lack of training in Scouts Canada.
- June 17, 2015 — thecarillon.com Radio DJ pleads guilty to sex crimes against children
- June 12, 2015 — winnipegsun.com DJ ‘Shecky’ admits he fondled Boy Scouts: Hid camera in changerooms, fondled sleeping kids
- June 1, 2015 — cbc.ca Scouts Canada leader charged with luring concerns organization
- February 26, 2015 — metronews.ca Scouts Canada reacts to sex allegations
- February 26, 2015 — leaderpost.com Local volunteer charged with sex violations
- February 25, 2015 — thespec.com Scouts Canada volunteer from Regina faces sex-related charges